Amongst the preparation of the exciting Freshers' show (which is in the last week of term!), we have many other things going on !
1. We are planning to hold a FLASH MOB! Adrienne will be teaching the routine in her Street Dance Class this Wednesday. IT WILL BE AWESOME! It's to DJ EARWORM'S 'Blame it on the Pop' (Click to watch on youtube!)
The flashmob is to promote awareness of AIDS, and will be performed in random places in UCL on Wednesday 28th November. More information up soon, but get as many people as you can interested, involved and dancing - even non-members (who can join later ;) )
2. We've held our first volunteering session at 2 different schools. Videos and pictures to follow! The kids are great; keen and enthusiastic. If you're interested in Volunteering, please hit up Walton for more information!
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY:
Deadline 5pm Tuesday 20th! Just another reminder that the Choreography bids for our big Bloomsbury Show are coming up this week. This is our society’s biggest event of the year it showcases loads of different styles and all our society’s talent. So we're looking for lots of brilliant and creative choreography proposals! Absolutely all styles and levels welcome and previous choreography experience isn’t a prerequisite for proposing. So if you think you'd be interested in creating a dance for our show, keep reading!
The proposals will be held:
When? Saturday, November 24th, 1400-2100
Where? Chadwick G.08
What do you need for the proposal?
· A completed Choreography Proposal Form (attached to this email) returned by 5pm on Tuesday 20th November.
· A detailed concept of your dance, including: the music you are going to use, the number of dancers you want (minimum 8 dancers, maximum 16, you may dance in your own dance).
· Please prepare 30 seconds of choreography to your chosen music so we can get a feel for the dance.
What is the commitment? - If your dance is picked, rehearsals won't begin until next term. You will have an average of 2 hours rehearsal a week as well as full cast rehearsals every Sunday. The show itself will be on the 7th, 8th, and 9th of March, so time commitment will be very high in the week or so leading up to the show dates. Everyone is welcome to propose, but please consider the commitment to the show before you do as it will make it very difficult for us if we pick your piece and you subsequently drop out!
How to get a slot? – Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the form attached stating a time that you are free on the 24th to come to the proposals and we will get back to you with a slot. Please be on time for your slot as we will be on a tight schedule! If you can't make it on the 24th, reply and let us know when you are free and we'll arrange another time to see you, we want everyone to have a chance to choreograph!
If selected, be aware you will be required to attend a pre-audition meeting on either Sunday 25th or Monday 26th
Mon 26th Nov:
9pm-10pm: Jazz Lower Refectory
Tue 27th Nov:
8pm-9pm: Tap Rehearsal Room (Bloomsbury Building)
Thu 29th Nov:
7pm-8pm: Salsa Chadwick G.08
Fri 30th Nov:
7.30pm-8.30pm: Ballet Mandela Studio (Bloomsbury Fitness)*
8.30pm-9.30pm: Break Mandela Studio (Bloomsbury Fitness)
Thu: 6th Nov:
6.30pm-7.30pm: Contemporary Lower Refectory
7.45pm-8.45pm: Street Lower Refectory
9pm-10pm: Hip-hop Lower Refectory
*If you have pointe shoes bring them but it is in no way compulsorily to have them to audition for ballet.
I have also updated the FAQ page for any queries you may have!
Please feel free to e-mail me ANYTHING with regards to the website!
Lots of love,
All the latest news from your favourite society!